Pinterest recently released a beta version of Pinterest Conversion API. Implementing Pinterest CAPI is an excellent way to increase the accuracy of conversion tracking and, as a result, get a better return on investment for paid advertising.
1. Pinterest recommends using both browser and server tracking.
2. Supports event deduplication. To deduplicate matching events sent from web and server, Pinterest uses event ID.
3. Pinterest CAPI supports standard and custom events. The list of standard events:
4. Pinterest CAPI supports real-time server event testing. When you add ?test=true, events are marked as tests; they will not be recorded.
5. Like FB CAPI, Pinterest asks to send user data in a lowercase hashed format. These are user data that Pinterest supports:
6. Pinterest CAPI does not require Access Token. You should use only Pinterest advertiser ID.
7. Together with the event, you can send event and product data
Event Name Setup Method - select from a list of standard events, add a custom event, or choose to Inherit an event name from a client. When Inherit from client is selected, the Pinterest CAPI tag will try to map events automatically into standard events or use a custom name if it’s impossible to map into a starred event.
Pinterest Advertiser ID - You can find it by logging into the Pinterest account that owns your advertiser account, then going to "ads.pinterest.com." In the top navigation section, click "Viewing: " and the advertiser id will be the number underneath the ad account name in the drop-down menu. If your Pinterest account has multiple ad accounts, make sure you are choosing the proper one that you want to use for owning your API conversion events. Another way to confirm your advertiser id is to navigate to Ads > Overview and look for the id in the URL path. It will look like: "ads.pinterest.com/advertiser/ADVERTISER_ID/?...".
Test request - The events will not be recorded, but the API will still return the same response messages. Use this mode to verify your requests are working and that your events are constructed correctly.
Server Event Data Override - select from a list of custom data.
User Data - select from a list of user data.
Custom Data - select from a list of product data.
Logs Settings - choose if you want to log requests to your stape account. This feature is handy when setting up server-side tagging since it allows seeing incoming and outgoing requests and network responses.
1. How can I add an event ID:
Event_id automatically grabbed from event data https://github.com/stape-io/pinterest-tag/blob/master/template.js#L321 , Or you can redefine it in tag settings.
In this article, I will describe how to set up a custom subdomain within your Google Tag Manager server container. The main advantage of a custom subdomain inside the Google Tag Manager Server container is that it helps to bypass Intelligent Tracking Preventions, AdBlockers and increases cookie lifetime for users browsing in Safari. Pixels will be loaded from your subdomain and run as the first-party.Oct 4, 2020
Collecting data about your website visitors is critical for analyzing and improving the online business presence, reaching users, and converting them into customers. However, collecting data is becoming more problematic because of Intelligent Tracking Prevention, AdBlockers, and a decrease in cookie lifetime. Google Analytics and other similar tools will start seeing fewer data about your website visitors and giving you less information to analyze.