There's no better way than SMS when you need to reach someone quickly and consistently. It has been proven that 98% of all email messages are opened within minutes.
Twilio is one of the leading SMS providers. That is why stape created a Twillio tag for the server Google Tag Manager that helps to send SMS using sGTM. In this blog post, I will show how to use it.
1. First, create a new Twilio account if you do not have one yet. We will need Twilio Account SID and Auth Token. You should also set up a Twilio phone number with SMS functionality.
5. Click three dots in the top right corner -> Click Import -> Select Twilio tag template you’ve recently downloaded from GitHub -> Click save.
6. Create Twilio SMS tag in the server GTM -> Add Account SID and Auth Token (you can find these values in Twilio Console) -> Add Your Twilio phone number with SMS functionality to the field From -> Add a phone number to which you want to send an SMS to the field “To”. You can use either static numbers or variables. -> Add SMS text -> Set trigger.
7. Once done, open sGTM preview mode and test the Twilo SMS tag. Make sure that the Twilio SMS tag is Fired in the sGTM debugger.
8. You can also check Twilio logs to ensure that the Twilio SMS tag worked or simply send SMS to your phone number.
With Twilio SMS tag for server Google Tag Manager, you can send SMS notifications about user actions on your site any activity in the CRM. Basically, you can use any request that is sent to sGTM. This is way easier and cheaper than using tools like Zapier or asking your developers to create this type of integration.
If you need help setting up server-side tracking on your site or implementing the Twilio SMS tag, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team of experts will be more than happy to assist you in getting set up and started with server-side tagging. Thanks for reading!
All it takes is a few simple questions. Click Get A Quote, fill-up the form, and we will send you a quote.
We created a tag for the Google Tag Manager server container that sends a notification to Slack. With the help of this tag, you can send any information about user actions on your site to the Slack channel. This tag allows adding variables, such as product and user information, inside the notification. You can notify your team about a new purchase, abandoned cart, or a new quote request from clients. One of the use cases of this tag is to send notifications to the sales team Slack channel about new orders immediately. You can also use this tag to monitor your site stability.Oct 6, 2020
In this article, I will describe how to set up a custom subdomain within your Google Tag Manager server container. The main advantage of a custom subdomain inside the Google Tag Manager Server container is that it helps to bypass Intelligent Tracking Preventions, AdBlockers and increases cookie lifetime for users browsing in Safari. Pixels will be loaded from your subdomain and run as the first-party.Oct 4, 2020
Collecting data about your website visitors is critical for analyzing and improving the online business presence, reaching users, and converting them into customers. However, collecting data is becoming more problematic because of Intelligent Tracking Prevention, AdBlockers, and a decrease in cookie lifetime. Google Analytics and other similar tools will start seeing fewer data about your website visitors and giving you less information to analyze.